Finding A Better Way for Moms & Dads
These stories (shown on the right) are like so many we hear… the FREE Finding a Better Way for Moms and Dads Training Program is truly changing lives! At one time or another all parents deal with behavioral challenges from their children. Creative parental responses can help to prevent and manage challenging behaviors and help children learn to make positive changes.
Finding A Better Way for Moms & Dads is a free four-session training program that is offered to parents who are dealing with difficult situations with their kids. The parents who attend realize, often for the first time, that they are not alone. Because of the successful tools they receive to help manage their child’s behavior, powerful things happen as stories are shared and they connect with one another!
- Recognize the development of a behavioral crisis by identifying your child’s level of stress.
- Enhance self awareness and maintain control over personal reactions when responding to challenging behaviors.
- Gain understanding into your child’s feeling and needs.
- Open the pathway to effectively communicating with your child.
- Identify the triggers to challenging behaviors.
- Behavior support techniques and strategies to prevent/manage challenging behaviors and crisis situations.
- Promoting cooperation with children.
- Restore your relationship with your child following a behavioral event and transform it into a learning experience.
The program facilitators area all certified instructors in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI). Trainers utilize a variety of materials and interactive training methods to enhance learning. Parents are able to practice new techniques, share stories, and connect with other moms and dads in similar situations.
This training program typically takes place in a series of two-hour sessions, one evening per week for four consecutive weeks. The training program is made available at different times and locations and can be customized for a variety of community group settings. Trainings are provided in a variety of community settings such as schools, social service agencies, churches, and foster care agencies. The trainings are offered throughout the following Pennsylvania counties: Lebanon, Lancaster, Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, and York.
Parents are provided with workbooks and receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the program. Spanish translators and materials are also provided. Childcare is available during the training and a light meal is served prior to each session. Cost of the training program is FREE!