Services are delivered in the home and community at times most convenient to the family in a manner that promotes family cohesiveness. Services are governed by the child/adolescent’s and family’s need and may include:
- Family and individual therapy
- Referral, coordination, and linkage to other agencies, social services, and community services, as appropriate
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Assistance in obtaining relief services such as babysitters, homemakers, respite care and supportive services such as transportation and recreation, and developing a network in order to receive these services
- School-based consultation and intervention
- Support for the parents in implementing effective behavior management and parenting approaches to the presenting problems of their child/adolescent
- Psychiatric care/referral
Who receives services?
Family Based serves children and adolescents less than 21 years of age with a serious mental illness or emotional disturbance who are at risk of psychiatric hospitalization or an out-or-home placement and their families. Counties where Philhaven provides Family Based services include: Lancaster, Lebanon, Dauphin and York.
Child & Adolescent Family-Based Mental Health Care is Offered at:Mount GretnaYorkOregon Business Center - Lancaster